Thuraya is the first generally available mobile satellite communication system covering the territory of 110 countries of Europe, Central Asia, Middle East, North and Central Africa. Presently the system operation is supported by three satellites.
Intercept of Up Channel - UNLIMITED, Down Channel - depends on the L-band antenna
Main services of the Thuraya Satellite Interceptor
• Voice communication;
• Dial‐up data transmission;
• GmPRS batch communication;
• Facsimile communication;
• Transmission of short messages;
• Defining of geographical position of subscribers.
The STIS system is intended to intercept information transmitted through Thuraya network C-band and L-band channels.
• Interception of voice communication;
• Interception of Facsimile communications;
• Interception of short text messages;
• Interception of data transmitted between terminals of the system;
• Interception of call related information;
• Defining of geographical position of Thuraya terminals;
• Continued (24/7) operation, processing and storage of information;
• Full‐range and flexible retrieval of stored information on the user demand;
• Issuing of reports and recommendations based on stored information assessments.
Functionally STIS comprises several subsystems intended to receive and amplify the signal, to process and store the intercepted data:
a. STIS‐RF‐C The subsystem receives and amplifies high‐frequency signal which comes from a C‐band satellite antenna and rely it to processing subsystem STIS‐P.
b. STIS‐RF‐L The subsystem receives and amplifies high‐frequency signal which comes from a L‐band satellite antenna and rely it to processing subsystem STIS‐P.
c. STIS‐RF‐L‐M The system is similar to the STIS‐RF‐L but used for configuration with multiple L‐band antennas and works in conjunction with STIS‐P‐M subsystem.
d. STIS‐P The subsystem is for processing of communication signals relied from STIS‐RF‐C, STIS‐RF‐L and STIS‐RF‐L‐M subsystems. It identifies communication sessions and carries out other necessary functions related to data processing, as well as storage and processing of accumulated data.
e. STIS‐P‐M The subsystem is for processing of communication signals relied from STIS‐RF‐L‐M subsystem. For full operation of entire system a communication link with STIS‐P subsystem will be required.
Demo or training are carried out in our premises or in the client's country, subject to an official invitation from government agencies.
We provide online demos only to existing clients with whom we have successful experience of cooperation.
We do not provide free training. If you are not familiar with the subject, links to training courses are here